Pasture Analyser is a database of pasture growth rates derived from 25 years of evaluating temperate pasture species under irrigation at Gatton and Mutdapilly Research Stations. It provides users with a look at the performance of annual, hybrid and perennial ryegrasses, tall fescues, prairie grasses, kikuyu, lucerne, clovers and herbs throughout the year. Pasture Analyser has photographs of each species included in the database.
Pasture Analyser can:
- Compare species (i.e., ryegrass vs lucerne, clover vs chicory);
- Compare cultivars within species (i.e., Aristocrat 2 vs Tetila);
- Compare species by years (i.e., Tetila in 1998 vs 2006);
- Compare perennial species in any sowing year over a 3-year stand life (i.e. prairie grass vs perennial ryegrass);
- Compare seasonal production of perennial or annual species within years (i.e., winter growth of Aristocrat 2 vs Concord.
How do I get a copy?
Download Pasture Analyser (7 MB)
- Click on the link above and save the file to your computer.
- A new folder will be created “PA_Install”.
- Run the file “PAInstall.exe” in this folder and follow the prompts.
- Windows 95 and 98 users: If you have trouble running the program, download updated Data Access Components; after downloading run “mdac-typ.exe”
Request a CD copy
Email email@example.com to request a CD copy
For FeedPlu$4 Ver. 4.0 program enquires contact:
Dairy Systems Modeller
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry