Subtropical Dairy reports directly to Dairy Australia but also formally to industry through its partnership with the Queensland Dairyfarmers Organisation.
The Subtropical Dairy Board meets 11 times per year with five face to face meetings and six teleconferences.
Subtropical Dairy is managed by a skills based, nine-member Board with support from a full time Executive Officer.
The Board comprises:
• Minimum 4 and maximum 5 dairy farmers, one of whom must be the Chair and must be members of Dairy Australia.
• Minimum 3, maximum 4 persons with complementary industry skills as determined by the operational and strategic needs of the Board at the time of appointment.
Board members are appointed for a three year term and can renominate at the conclusion of their term. An industry-led selection panel is appointed each year to interview and select candidates for any Board vacancies. The selection panel is chaired by the Subtropical Dairy Chair or Vice Chair.
The Chair is a non-voting member of the panel. Meet the Board through Our People Page
Other members of the panel include:
• A representative from the Queensland Dairyfarmers Organisation
• A representative from NSW Farmers Association
• A representative from the Queensland Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry
• Two nominated representatives from Subtropical Dairy’s regional teams.
Subtropical Dairy has Memorandum of Understanding with the Queensland Dairyfarmers Organisation, to ensure that communication and alignment between policy and research is optimised.
Subtropical Dairy’s Annual Reports can be viewed from the Reports Page.
The Subtropical Dairy Constitution is available to download.