Subtropical Dairy Programme Ltd (SDP) is a company limited by guarantee and is governed by an elected skills-based Board. SDP is Dairy Australia’s contracted Regional Development Program (RDP) for the northern dairy industry throughout Queensland and northern NSW. SDP delivers Research, Development, Extension and Education outcomes for northern Australian dairy farmers.
The Board consists of 6 – 9 members. At our Annual General Meeting to be held on 23 November, 2020 in Maroochydore Queensland, two directors (Joe Bradley and Jo Davey) will be standing down. These two directors are eligible to seek reelection through the same selection process as new candidates, if they so desire. The remaining Board members are: Paul
Roderick (dairy farmer), Paul Weir (dairy farmer), Ruth Chalk (dairy farmer), Ian Hollindale (consultant), Bill Tranter (veterinarian) and Cameron Whitson (service provider).
Leading up to the AGM we are seeking nominations from dairy farmers for one Board position and service providers for one Board position. The Board positions are for three years and we are seeking Expressions of Interest from potential candidates to submit applications for Board positions through our selection panel process.
The key skills being sought as agreed by standing members of the Board are:
- Dairy Industry Experience: It is preferable, but not essential, that all candidates have experience in the dairy industry or have been related to the industry in some relevant capacity;
- Milk-Producer Skills and Experience (Dairy farmer vacancy): Farmers with an interest and understanding of research, development and/or extension across the Subtropical Dairy region are encouraged to apply;
- Emerging Issues: It is essential that all candidates can demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of emerging issues and be able to apply them as they relate to the northern Australian dairy industry;
- Research, Development, Education and Extension expertise: It is preferred that candidates understand leading research, development and extension activities and an interest in working with stakeholder’s and investor’s in these disciplines;
- Industry leadership: It is desirable that a candidate can demonstrate an interest, involvement and knowledge of issues and industry structures and/or active participation and credibility within their community with the ability to facilitate consultative discussion;
- Board / Committee Experience: All candidates will be required to demonstrate their experience and abilities in key skills relating to the role of director, with relevance to legal obligations, developing and implementing strategy monitoring organisation performance and developing stakeholder relationships.
Please contact our Executive Officer, Brad Granzin on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0431 197 549 to for more information.
Download more information about the Board Skills Set for the 2020 Directors’ Elections here.
Download the Board nomination Form here.
Applications must be lodged with the Executive Officer by 6 PM AEST Friday 7th August 2020.