- This event has passed.
POSTPONED – Top Fodder workshop – Dorrigo
26 November, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 27 November, 2019 @ 3:00 pmFree
Dairy Australia has revamped the original Top Fodder course and developed a two day workshop that covers the science of silage making.
Making and feeding high quality silage with lower fibre levels encourages higher feed intakes and better cow performance. This program highlights the steps for making high quality silage.
The program covers:
• Using silage in the farming system
• Principles and science of silage making
• Factors affecting the quality & quantity of silage
• Harvesting silage
• Managing the wilting process
• Storage options for baled and chopped silage
• Use of additives and inoculants
• Using silage as a pasture management tool
Two days ‘up-front’ classroom style delivery followed up with discussions and hands-on inspection and assessment of silage on farms after the workshop.
The program will be delivered by Neil Griffiths, previously with the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) as a Technical Specialist – Pastures.
RSVPs are essential and due to Alicia Richters on 0427 916 650 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22nd November 2019.