- This event has passed.
POSTPONED – SC Tick Control Refresher Day – Thursday 14th November 2019 – Kandanga
14 November, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Join us for our Tick Control Refresher Day with Jess Morgan – Principal Research Scientist – Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
This workshop will focus on economically important ticks of the dairy industry (cattle tick, bush tick and paralysis tick) and tick transmitted diseases and conditions of dairy cattle (tick fever, bovine anaemia and tick paralysis)
The workshop will be broken into 3 main sections:
• General information about ticks, costs, life-cycles and signs
• Types of ticks and how to identify them
• Disease identification
• How and when to treat for ticks
• Products – chemical groups and actives
• Application methods
• Acaricide resistance
• Environmental safety
• Residues and withholding periods
• Diseases and conditions
• How to monitor for ticks
• How to keep ticks and tick-borne diseases out
• How to reduce tick numbers
• How to prevent tick-borne diseases
• Movement regulations
RSVP: To Kylie Dennis by Friday 8th November on 0456 19 19 65 or email@example.com
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.