- This event has passed.
SDP Dairy Herd Advanced Nutrition Course 2018
June 20 @ 9:00 am - June 21 @ 5:00 pm$1500
Dairy Herd Advanced Nutrition Course
Expressions of interest for 2018 program closing soon!
If you are a dairy farmer or adviser and already have a solid grasp of dairy nutrition and feeding management and are looking to take your capabilities to the next level, then you may be interested in doing Subtropical Dairy Programme’s Dairy Herd Advanced Nutrition Course.
The Dairy Herd Advanced Nutrition Course runs for a total of 15 weeks with 6 face to face sessions – 3 two day blocks in addition to online learning at home.
The course will commence on Wed, 20th June 2018, running until the end of August 2018.
Face-to-face (classroom) sessions are scheduled at Gatton for;
20 & 21st June
18th & 19th July
22 & 23 August
$1500 per person ( Cost for the second person from a farm team $1300, third $1100 etc). A farm adviser and a farmer can be part of a farm team.
The course objectives for participants are:
• talk more productively with other dairy farmers, advisers and product suppliers on the many aspects of herd nutrition,
• acquire and apply new approaches, information and tools in herd nutrition management to your farm or your clients’ farms,
• better integrate herd nutrition with the other components of the farm system – feedbase, animal performance, NRM, farm business management and people,
• assess how key aspects of a farm’s herd nutrition program are performing, and identify and pursue opportunities for improvement,
• achieve farm goals related to herd nutrition through more effective teamwork
Requirements to do the course
To obtain maximum benefit from this advanced-level course you will need to already have entry level knowledge of herd nutrition and feeding management. To confirm this, you will be required you to complete an online multiple choice quiz before your enrolment is accepted.
**You will need a laptop computer to do online modules at home and to bring with you to each workshop for use in activities.
To submit an EOI in this course, please contact Belinda Haddow at Subtropical Dairy 0423 00 3638 or firstname.lastname@example.org