This entry level workshop will cover the fundamentals of dairy cow nutrition with a practical focus on optimising the performance of milking cows fed temperate forages.
Dr Brad Granzin, Executive Officer of Subtropical Dairy and Consulting Scientist from Australasian Dairy Consultants, will facilitate a one day workshop focusing on the basics of dairy cow nutrition.
The workshop will begin with a morning theory session covering the following topics:
• The major nutrients required for milk production and dairy cow maintenance;
• An overview of the cow’s digestive tract and how it absorbs and processes key nutrients.
This will be followed by a practical session after lunch focusing on:
• Some key aspects to achieve maximum performance from cows fed temperate forages such as annual ryegrass over winter and early spring;
• Monitoring your herd for indicators of nutrition problems;
• Balancing diets;
• And a question and answer session.
This workshop is a great introduction to dairy cow nutrition science and practices. It is also a great refresher for honing your nutrition skills.
23rd May to Kylie Dennis
PH: 0456 19 19 65
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Free – This workshop is funded by your levy, Dairy Australia and Subtropical Dairy.