- This event has passed.
InCharge Dairy Herd Fertility workshop – Gatton
May 31 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
You are invited to participate in a five day, interactive workshop in which herd managers and farm owners can learn how to measure, review and improve their herd’s reproductive performance and fine tune their existing practices. Participants will investigate their own herd’s reproductive performance and build a plan to achieve their targets.
InCharge involves five days of workshops. One of these days is an on-farm day where the elements of herd reproduction are reviewed in practice. The course presents up to date research and reviews how new knowledge and technology can be integrated into your business.
- During the workshop series participants will:
- Learn how to measure a herd’s reproductive performance
- Learn how to maintain a tight calving pattern
- Discover the drivers of an efficient mating program
- Explore the elements of good reproductive management
- Hear about technologies that assist reproductive management
- Build a reproductive management plan for your herd
- Gain ideas and see how other farms implement reproductive strategies
The workshop will be held in Gatton, Qld and will likely run 1 day per week or fortnight – to be decided at the first meeting by group consensus.
Dr Carl Hockey, Rural Vet Pty Ltd, and Dairy Australia qualified Repro Right veterinarian will deliver the interactive workshop.
Subtropical Dairy, with Dairy Australia, will cover all costs of delivering the sessions, however, participants will be required to cover their own travel and accommodation. Meals at the workshops will be provided.
A minimum number of participants is required for this workshop series to proceed so please register your interest ASAP by contacting Belinda Haddow 0423 00 3638 or email@example.com