At the end of 2017, Dairy Australia delivered Farm Starter Safely Kit Workshops in all Subtropical Dairy regions. This short workshop showed dairy farmers a practical, easy-to-use resource that is now available to enable them to get their Farm Safety System started or improve their existing system.
Following on from this workshop, Dairy Australia have now developed the Farm Safety Manual Workshop. The Farm Safety Manual provides a way to build a comprehensive Farm Safety System for your farm. It covers legal and practical requirements for 14 key safety topics for the farm. The Farm Safety Manual Workshop is a follow on from the Farm Starter Safety Kit Workshop.
At the workshop – what you can expect
• How to use the Farm Safety Manual – you will be given one to take home
• Getting started using 2-3 topics chosen by farmers attending
• Access policies, self-assessments and other Word templates which you can modify and use on your farm
• A Farm Safety Expert in attendance to answer the ‘curly’ questions
Each workshop will cover 2 topics that are most relevant to the Group. The options are:
• Quads and Motorbikes
• Farm Chemicals
• Fixed Plant
• Working with Livestock
After the workshop – what you can expect
The Farm Safety Manual will take a fair bit of time to build and requires a few little nudges and incentives along the way to keep it going! So we will:
• Follow up in 1-2 months after the workshop to see how you are going – do you need some assistance?
• We can support small farmer groups who meet monthly to encourage and help each other.
• Supply a Dairy Safely – Home Safely sign for your Farm Gate when you have covered 10 topics.