- Be a highly profitable business that challenges and excites us
- Establish a farm and herd that we can be proud of
|Long Term Goals
||Wealth to either lease another farm or purchase land
|Shorter Term Goals
- Restore work/life balance – generate enough money to employee labour and have more time off farm.
- Explore farm options for after the current lease expires, and start working towards this now.
- Increase production to 5500 litres/cow from a 180-cow milking herd (1 million L) year-round with suitable replacements being grown out within the system.
- Have at least 75% homegrown feed that costs less than 20c/litre with total costs of production to not exceed 35c/litre
|Current Financial Position
- To get the business started three and half years ago, Paul and Jo initially borrowed $200,000 from Jo’s parents and $150,000 from their personal savings.
- They currently have 100% equity having paid off the initial $350,000 debt.
- They have been singularly focused since they started the business on debt reduction. Now need to focus on wealth creation.